ST PAULS COLLEGE library is a resource center for teaching, learning and research. Being the heart of the College, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kinds and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the students and faculty. The main objective of the library is to provide maximum knowledge and information both in quantity and quality to the right users at the right time.
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Institutional Repository
- Reprographic Service
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Organizing Book Exhibition
- News Paper Clippings
The new state-of-the-art digital library has an E-Learning Center, Reference Section, Circulation Counter, OPAC Search, Journals, Magazines and a Newspaper Section. The library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs, DVDs, e-books, e-journals, reports, course materials, question papers of previous years, bound volumes, project reports, case studies, etc.
To be recognized as an excellent information hub of academic community with a good collection of modern resources for students and faculty of Humanities and Commerce & Management Discipline.
- To Procure latest edition of text books, reference books, Journals and Modern Resources
- To provide an ambience conductive for referring various resources
- To keep the library open round the clock
- To provide good furniture/reprographic internet facilities for users
- To have interaction with other reputed libraries for mutual benefit
To provide services of the highest quality both in curricular and co-curricular activities so that our students can integrate skills and serve industry and society equally well at the global level.
Mrs. Malini TS
Contact No. 9481474792
MONDAY – FRIDAY 8.00 A.M – 4.30 P.M
SATURDAY—8.00 A.M – 2.30 P.M
- The library is located in 3rd floor of the College
- Separate library is available for Commerce & Management and Humanities
- Circulation Section
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
- Sate of the Art Digital Library
- E-Learning Center
- Wi-Fi Internet facility
- SC/ST Book Bank Scheme
- The library is a place of individual study and research. It is necessary to maintain an atmosphere of silence and dignity inside the library. Students are, therefore, reminded that conversation or consultation among themselves or noisy or demonstrative greeting of friends inside the library is not permissible.
- Personal belongings, including personal books are not to be taken inside the library. They belongings are to be kept at depository/property counter.
- The library shall be open on all working days from 08:00 AM to 05.00 PM.
- Books from the reference section are not to be taken out of the library. They are meant for spot reference only. Books taken from the reference shelves are to be kept back to its proper place.
- No books/periodicals/newspapers other than the ones issued against one’s library cards are allowed to be taken outside the library.
- Users must possess and must show ID at the checkpoint. Books will be issued against the Student ID Card (three books per card). A book will be issued for a period of ten days only. Failure to return the book by the expiry date will cause hardships to others who are in need of the book. Hence the delay in returning the books will invite a fine of ₹2 per day. A book can be re-issued to the same person if there is no reservation for it. Not more than one renewal is permitted.
- Textbooks will not be issued to the students. They are strictly for reference only.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belonging to the library.
- The library books shall be handled with care, without causing any damage to them. Damage/loss of book should be notified to the librarian immediately. Fine will be charged for the damages. If a book is lost, the borrower must pay the library double the price of the lost book.
- Online reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserved books are kept separately in circulation counter.
- Magazines and Newspapers taken from the rack are to be kept back to the same place.
- Registration of the books should be done while leaving the library. Books once registered should not be brought for reading inside the library.
- CDs/DVDs are for the purpose of classes in the College and they are not to be issued to staff and students for personal use.
- It is mandatory for students to fill in the required details in the log book while entering and exiting the library. They are to maintain queue at the circulation counter.