ST PAULS COLLEGE established Swami Vivekananda Study Centre during the academic year 2018-19 to impart the ideas and thoughts of Vivekananda to students, teachers and the community. The centre endeavors to serve the people strictly without any bias of caste, color, race, religion and sex. It also aims to create a spirit of service and sacrifice among the youths, and promote character-building ideas of Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda Study Center
Mr. Gowtham V.
- To actualize the fundamental educational ideas of Swami Vivekananda
- To create opportunities for research and education in the disciplines of spiritual studies, arts and sciences
- To motivate students to present research papers and articles in various seminars and conferences
- To have a Certificate course on Swami Vivekananda Philosophy
- To create employable youth and enlightened citizens
- Orientation on Swami Vivekananda’s philosophy of education to the students
- Essay writing and Debate competitions
- Outreach Programs
- Guest talk on Swami Vivekananda’s views
- Workshop for students about the importance of Yoga
Gandhi Study Center
Gandhi Study Centre aims to uphold the ideals of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. The Centre explores the relevance of Gandhian ideology in the present world through seminars, workshops, lectures and exhibitions. Premised on the conviction that Gandhiji’s philosophy has perennial relevance, the Centre’s continuous effort will be to locate his ideology in this day and age and catalyze the awareness that it is the answer to the present crisis. The Centre’s sustained thrust will be to analyze study and inculcate in young people Gandhian ethics and the principles of truth, nonviolence and self-discipline. Gandhiji’s ideology has influenced myriad spheres of human experience: politics, economics, education, nation-building etc. It will also provide opportunities to critically interrogate these ideas, and disseminate them, exploring at the same time, Gandhiji’s relevance as a leader, motivator, nation-builder and role model.
Mrs. Savithri. C
- To offer suitable courses on Gandhian thought
- To hold lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops, quiz and training programmes of Gandhism and its contemporary relevance
- To sponsor and publish research studies on Gandhism and its contemporary relevance
- To bring out suitable publications to promote Gandhian values
- To celebrate/remember the birth and death anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi in meaningful ways
- To network with like-minded organizations in promoting Gandhian values